Waking up with puffy eyes can be really frustrating when you have a big day ahead. Puffy eyes are one of the most common beauty problems where the eyes begin to swell due to different factors. Do you feel old and tired because of your eyes? It is really hard to feel fresh and alert when your eyes are tired and droopy, because of those annoying bags under them.
Turns out, there are various ways to get rid of under eye dark circles and puffiness because there are different reasons why they occur in the first place. Learn how to reduce the appearance of under-eye puffiness with quick remedies, long-term strategies and permanent cosmetic solutions.
The Best Ways To Get Rid of Under Eye Puffiness and Dark Eyes
- Chilled cucumber is a good way to treat puffy eyes. The enzymes and the astringent properties present in cucumber helps to reduce inflammation. Take one cucumber and cut them into thick slices. Put the slices of cucumber in the refrigerator for ten minutes. This remedy will also help to get rid of the wrinkles around your eyes and will brighten up your complexion.
- Slice a raw potato into two and circle the closed eyes gently with those halves. Place it on your eyes so that it also covers the puffed ares under your eyes and leave it like that for 15-20 minutes. You’ll notice a tremendous change in those bags as they’ll be diminished in size.
- Drink plenty of water: Under-eye bags are often caused by the retention of water due to high salt concentration in the area. You might wake up with bags after eating a salty dinner or crying; whether it’s from tears or food, salt can draw water to your face and cause it to collect under your eyes.
- Get some exercise: This improves circulation, which will help your body move fluid through your body, rather than letting it accumulate. If you have time, go for a run, do some yoga, or simply take a brisk walk.
- Hot Water and Salt: This is also a simply way to get rid of puffy eyes. For this remedy take a glass of warm water and add half teaspoon of salt in it and mix it properly. Make sure the water is not too hot. Now soak cotton balls or wool eye pads in this warm saline water and apply them over your eyelids for a few minutes. Repeat the process for at least half an hour. After some time, your eyes will not have the puffiness.
- Take chilled water in a bowl and add a few drops of vitamin E oil to it, now mix the two well. Dip cotton pads in this mixture and place on the eyes for 20 minutes, this well help in reducing the swelling around the eyes.
- Green tea bag: Settle down for 10-15 minutes with a chilled, steeped chamomile or green tea bag over each eye and then relax. The natural properties of these herbal teas will help bring puffy eyes back to their original size.
- Drink less alcohol: Alcohol leads to fluid retention in the face, as well as causing dehydration. Limit your alcohol intake to 1 or 2 drinks at a time, 1 or 2 times per week. Drinking more than this will eventually cause the skin around your eyes to loosen.
To conclude, next time when you have puffy eyes just make them go away with any of the above mentioned treatments at home.