Smokey eyes have been a big style for quite awhile and there is no sign this particular trend is dying. Every woman wants to get an attractive and irritable glimpse and use to try different eye makeup ideas while preparing for any formal or casual event. A subtle smoky eye look can be incredibly alluring and works well for work or other daytime events.
The key to the perfect smokey eye is proper blending. You want to make sure colors are blended together flawlessly. More importantly, whether you’re carrying off smoky eyes for a classy dinner or dusk-till-dawn party, you should get your smoky eye look done right. Here some useful smokey eye makeup tips are given below, try these ideas to have a chic and mesmerizing look.
What You Need
- Makeup brushes
- Eye primer
- 2 Eye shadows
The Perfect Smokey Eye Makeup Tips
- Apply a cream concealer over your eyelid to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
- Apply a makeup base on your entire eyelid to allow a better application of the make-up. The make-up base will help the eyeshadow spread and set better, making the coloration more intense. This is a step most people tend to skip, but it is a step which will make a difference.
- A decent black or brown will definitely do the trick. Make sure to use a good quality eyeliner, because its important that you use decent products on a delicate and sensitive area such as your eyes.
- Apply the lighter eyeshadow on your entire eyelid just like a base. Start close to the lash line from your inner corner working your way upwards towards your brow bone. Try to apply less eyeshadow as you work your way upwards to give it a faded effect. Use make-up brushes to apply the eyeshadow as they will help create a more precise contour.
- A great nighttime look is when you put a little bit of that smoky lid on the bottom lash line as well. It really gives your eyes that finished sultry look and highlights the shape and color of your eyes.
- Apply the darker colored eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye and smudge the color close to the lash line. Make sure to blend the dark colored eyeshadow towards one third of inner corner of the eye. By blending the colors well you will create a faded transition and a smokey eye effect.
- A couple coats of volumizing lash mascara will add wonders to your beautiful smoky eyes and overall look. Wait a couple minutes in between the first and second coat of mascara.
Now that you’ve got your essential smoky eye makeup tips, don’t forget to complete your mesmerizing smoky eyes with the right makeup! Since your eyes are the main feature, your lips and cheeks should take a backseat, complementing your beautiful smoky eyes and drawing attention to them.